Water Ionizer cleaning using citric acid / White Vinegar as water ionizer cleaner
Although AlkaViva water ionizer company(exclusive distributor of best brand water ionizer companies : EmcoTech water ionizers (ex Jupiter Science) / Ionia water ionizers & BionTech water ionizers) have the most advanced water ionizer cleaning systems for electrode / water ionizer plates responsible for water electrolysis / ionization of water (MARC, DARC, DARC II , the water ionizer cleaning system used in Samsung Vesta water ionizer, etc.) that prevent any mineral deposits / buildups from hard water on the water ionizer chamber platinum plates (the water ionizer chamber is the heart of any water ionizer!!) and makes AlkaViva water ionizers the most durable in the industry of water ionizers ( and simply the best water ionizers on the market) , because hard water mineral deposits can buildup on other parts or internal parts that are less critical , AlkaViva water ionizer repair / service department for water ionizers presents below a simple method for internal water ionizer cleaning using white vinegar/citric acid, that should be done periodically at home by any user who wants to protect his/her investment in a water ionizer.
If there is very little water coming out the water ionizer hose that drains into the sink (the grey acid water ionizer hose), the water ionizer alkaline water machine may need cleaning because of mineral build-up on the water ionizer plates / electrodes.
This usually does not become an issue for until at least 12-24 months of water ionizer use.
The safest way to clean the water ionizer and alkalizer so as not to damage the water ionizer plates/ electrodes in the water ionizer chamber is to recirculate WHITE VINEGAR/citric acid through the water ionizer system using a small fish tank pump or small water-garden pump ($15 — $40).
Here is how to perform a water ionizer vinegar flush:
1. Unplug the Water Ionizer unit from the electrical outlet.
Remove as much water from the Water Ionizer and purifier by blowing through the silver water ionizer hose, inlet water ionizer hose and acid ionized water hose – please refer to water ionizer installation DVD for details.
Also remove the water ionizer filter and shake as much water from it as you can then replace the water filter. The water filter must be securely placed in the Water Ionizer for cleaning the water ionizer in this method – the water ionizer circuit must not be interrupted
2. Prepare a container of WHITE VINEGAR for the water pump.
Attach the INLET water ionizer hose to the water pump. Depending on the water pump you purchase, this may require some minor modifications so that the water ionizer hose will fit into the pump properly.
Submerge the water pump into the white vinegar.
3. Plug the small fish tank water pump or small water-garden pump in to the electrical outlet. (A GFI safety plug should be used for this in order to protect against electrocution).
4. Place both the silver water ionizer hose / tube and acid water ionizer hose into the white vinegar container so the entire water ionizer circuit system is recirculating.
5. At first, there may be very little flow through the silver water ionizer hose. However, as long as the slightest amount of vinegar is flowing through the silver water ionizer hose , the vinegar will eventually dissolve the calcium that is blocking the water from flowing out the water ionizer system .
6.Water Ionizer cleaning takes about 2-12 hours depending on how much calcium and other minerals have been deposited on the water ionizer platinum plates/ electrodes in the water ionizer chamber or on the water ionizer hoses that are in(ternal) the water ionizer circuit system .
7. Reattach the Water Ionizer hose to your water source and flush the water ionizer unit with clean water for 10-20 minutes to clean out the vinegar from the water ionizer system.
8. Begin using the Water Ionizer purifier and alkalizer again.
Calcium buildup on the water ionizer platinum plates / electrodes in the water ionizer chamber causes the pH of the ionized alkaline water to drop because the source water is not coming in contact with the water ionizer platinum plates / electrodes. Once your Water Ionizer is cleaned using this method, the pH of the ionized alkaline water will be higher because the water is now coming in direct contact with the clean water ionizer plates/ electrodes.
Tip: You can also remove the silver water ionizer hose from the water ionizer unit and submerge it completely in the WHITE VINEGAR overnight to remove much of the calcium build up.
The reason for the calcium build up on the water ionizer alkaline side of the Water Ionizer alkaline water machine is because the high pH of the alkaline ionized water causes the minerals in the alkaline ionized water to precipitate out of the water and become displaced.
The water ionizer alkaline water machine must be unplugged from its power source while performing water ionizer vinegar flush in this manner.