The objective of this study was to examine the effectiveness of molecular hydrogen rich water (1.5-2 L/day; molecular hydrogen concentration; 0.55-0.65 mM)) in an open label, 8-week study on 20 human subjects with potential metabolic syndrome.
Metabolic syndrome is characterized by cardiometabolic risk factors that include obesity, insulin resistance, hypertension and dyslipidemia. Oxidative stress is known to play a major role in the pathogenesis of metabolic syndrome.
The consumption of hydrogen rich water for 8 weeks resulted in a 39% increase (p<0.05) in antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) and a 43% decrease (p<0.05) in thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) in urine.
Further, subjects demonstrated an 8% increase in high density lipoprotein (HDL)-cholesterol and a 13% decrease in total cholesterol/HDL-cholesterol from baseline to week 4.
There was no change in fasting glucose levels during the 8 week study.
In conclusion, drinking molecular hydrogen rich water represents a potentially novel therapeutic and preventive strategy for metabolic syndrome.
diatomic molecular hydrogen H2- Water Products
- Enjoy molecular hydrogen water from an entry level price top quality water ionizer
- Enjoy neutral pH water rich in molecular Hydrogen form AlkaViva IonPia H2 hydrogen water ionizer
- enjoy UltraWater filtration, ionization and hydrogen generation via a NON electric water ionizer at a decent price
- enjoy UltraWater filtration, ionization and hydrogen generation via a NON electric UnderSink water ionizer at a decent price
- enjoy UltraWater filtration, ionization and hydrogen generation EVERYWHERE through a AlkaViva PHD pitcher
- H2Viva Hydrogen Tablets
Enjoy H2 Anywhere Here
Effectiveness of hydrogen rich water on antioxidant status of subjects with potential metabolic syndrome-an open label pilot study.
Heart, Lung and Esophageal Surgery Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15213, USA.